Up until today, I always found beer koozies to be that drinking accessory that no one asked for but we were blessed with anyways. My bias towards these handheld can coolers might stem from the fact that I strongly dislike the taste of beer, and I no longer drink soda, thus decreasing my use for them in the first place. But it should come as no surprise, that just like everything else known to man, there are so many unexpected uses for beer koozies that I might just have to give them one more chance.
1. Package your fragile glassware in a koozie when prepping for a big move.
2. Place your favorite fruits in a koozie to avoid bruising in your backpack or briefcase.
3. Storing lightbulbs in a koozie can eliminate unwanted broken glass.
4. Can’t open that slippery jar? Use a beer koozie as a non-slip jar grip.
5. Use one to store your fishing reel for an extra layer of padded protection.
6. Place koozies on your furniture legs to avoid unwanted damage to your floors.
7. Quickly ripen an avocado by storing it in a koozie overnight.
8. Koozies also make excellent pin cushions.
9. Attach a suction cup to a koozie for an awesome soap dish for your shower.
10. Avoid second-degree burns by using a koozie as a makeshift oven mitt.
11. Store your shaving cream in a koozie to avoid unwanted rusting in your shower.
12. Protect your pup’s paws from dirty and other unwanted mess, with these simple pet gloves.
I may have just changed my opinions on the wonders of a beer koozie. I’ll no longer speak horribly of their greatness like this: