Picture day only comes once every school year, but the results can haunt you for the rest of your adult life.
My best friend and I spent the other night looking through old yearbooks and began mocking just how un-photogenic we were. Despite prepping days in advance, picking out the right outfit and posing in front of the mirror, without fail, when it came time to say cheese, something went wrong.
Wearing glasses in high school always meant that my photos came with the added bonus of a reflective glare. But not everyone can be so lucky to be remembered as the squinting guy that looks like the sun’s in his eyes. In fact, most people are quite a bit more photogenic than they think. Even their pets can pull off better school photos than I could.
With that said, here are 24 animals that would have surely been voted most photogenic in my high school’s yearbook.
1. Every freshman during their first school photo of high school — bright-eyed and fresh-faced.
2. His mother threatened him for a good school photo, after he wasted his other eight lives.
3. Picture day means sporting your hottest outfit.
4. “I just pulled an all-nighter, so if you could hurry this up, that would be great.”
5. This dignified pooch practiced his poses in the mirror before stepping in front of the camera.
6. *Please don’t go cross-eyed, please don’t go cross-eyed.*
7. She had a hard time deciding which dress would make her eyes pop.
9. “They said to dress nice, but this is all I had.”
11. The mid-sneeze photo is the worst.
12. Someone’s having a bad hair day.
13. That head tilt, though.
14. “I can’t believe my mom made me dress up for this!”
15. This hippie pup made sure to accessorize for her school photos.
16. “Can I take this stupid thing off yet?”
17. “I’ll pose for this picture, right after I finish finding that bone I buried.”
18. “I’m ready for my close-up.”
19. She spent all that time perfecting her hair, only to blink when the flash went off!
20. Is this a school photo, or the movie poster for a “Dances with Wolves” remake?
21. This brings a whole new meaning to teacher’s pet.
22. Straight up cheezin’!
23. This kitty’s perfected the smize.
24. This pup brought some serious swag to his school photos.
Since high school, I’ve stepped up my selfie game a bit, but after looking at these photogenic animals, I think my posing could use some work.